As it’s my 21st birthday, I’ve decided to share more of myself with you….
Meaning that I’ve picked 21 obscure facts that you likely didn’t know. It’s hard to find 21 things that I haven’t mentioned about myself on here (as I’ve been writing for a while), but I think I did pretty well.
- I play Clash of Clans. Yes, it’s true.
- My clan is called “Noodle of Life”… and I am one of the most faithful attackers when we go to war.
- There was a time in my life when I wouldn’t eat potatoes. Now I will eat them in almost any form and love them very much. We’ve been reconciled.
- I used to request sautéed yellow squash and onions for my birthday dinners, along with Stouffers macaroni and cheese.
- I’ve lived in the same room in the same house for my entire life.
- I was a firefighter for Halloween the first time I went trick-or-treating.
- I’ve been drinking coffee everyday since 8th grade. This was also the year I stopped growing. There is no correlation there.
- I took synchronized swimming lessons for a couple years around the age of 11.
- I’m a lip stick enthusiast. (There are currently seven in my makeup container… plus a few more in purses)
- I once cried for at least an hour because my mom wanted me to try a half of a pinto bean. I was about six. I wasn’t really the type for trying new foods.
- I have slept with an oversize purple bunny every single night since I was in second grade. I named it, “Purple Bunny.” Very creative.
- I didn’t know my hair was curly til I was in 8th grade…. strange thing to not know. Perhaps the coffee drinking spawned the change.
- I met my current roommate through the post office at school, when she saw on my blog that I loved getting mail, she sent me a letter. Now we’re tight.
- My favorite flowers are peach roses.
- If I could, I would watch every single figure skating event in the Olympics.
- I climbed my first mountain at the age of five. I mean, my dad did carry me for the last twenty minutes at the top, but we can still give me credit for it.
- I’m a vegetarian… which is not really a secret, but apparently a lot of people don’t know this. Now, you have been informed.
- My mother used to call me an “air fern” because I didn’t like drinking water.
- I’m terrified of spiders… not being bitten by them, just that they’ll crawl on me.
- My hands are always cold, so when I shake someone’s hand for the first time, I usually have to apologize.
- I’m raising money for clean water for my birthday!!! Oh, well, that’s not a secret, but it’s fitting. You can be involved here: https://my.charitywater.org/drinks-all-around
Wasn’t that fun? (Liesel was keeping score on how many she knew… she’s pretty knowledgeable)
And now, I shall continue having a very happy birthday.