Some days it’s really easy to count your burdens, and you’re tempted to do that because the dishes stacked up in the sink, and you haven’t cleaned your bathroom in a while, and there are forms and papers and yogurt containers on your desk. And you have a test today about Plato, which is a little bit daunting since you only met him a short time ago.
That’s when I need to stop and remind myself of all the reasons that it’s good to be alive today.
- We’re talking about and writing metaphors today in my creative writing class. If you haven’t realized that I love metaphors almost as much as I love coffee, you probably haven’t been here for very long. (In that case, welcome!)
- Oatmeal. It happened this morning.
- It’s Freedom Friday (the day of the week that I set aside to pray for people who aren’t free around the world), which always reminds me that I’m a part of what God is doing to break chains. He could do it Himself, but He wants to use us.
- Forecast for today? RAIN.
- It’s only a week until payday.
- I get to see my family again in 26 days.
- No matter what happens today, Jesus walks with me.
What’s on your list today?