1. The DMV doesn’t take cash or Visa for passport applications. I just wanted you to know since it came as a surprise to me. They accept checks or money orders.
2. It’s not the lady at the counter’s fault that the government doesn’t accept the most commonly accepted forms of payment. Don’t shoot the messenger. Just indicate your disappointment respectfully, smile, say you’ll come back later, turn around, grit your teeth, walk out the door, and walk exactly a mile (in your girly, not good for walking, gold, sparkly flip-flops) to the nearest Target, where your mom went, since she thought they’d be processing your application for a while.
3. Donald Miller responded to my Vine today. (in which I admitted that Donald Miller is my imaginary friend… In truth, he’s more like a great example of what I’d like to do with my life. So, when I tell you that I’m a Philosophy and Creative Writing double major, and you give me that weird look and ask me what I’m going to do with that — Donald Miller. I’m going to be Donald Miller.)
4. I jumped up and down when I got the response and was speechless for a moment.
5. After all my cleaning at the beginning of this summer, I still can’t keep my room clean. In my defense, I’d like to say that creativity doesn’t require organization.
6. Working retail is dangerous for me and potentially detrimental to my goal of saving money this summer. They give you a discount on the merchandise. And you see everything that gets marked down. It’s dangerous because I don’t want to be governed by a desire for things. And I’d kind of like to be able to pay for my plane ticket for studying abroad.
7. I’ll be taking at least ten things to consignment tomorrow. Please ask me if I did this the next time you see me.
I’m all over the place today, probably because I had coffee on my lunch break and spent 8 hours touching clothing. Hence, the list. I guess creativity does require organization.