In case you didn’t already know, I’m a slight social networking junkie. It’s not a debilitating condition, so no need for worries, folks. So, this morning, when I wanted to tweet about Jesus, twitter told me that my account “may not be allowed to perform this action.”
um. It’s a twitter account. I got it for the purpose of tweeting. I’ve done this over 4,000 times. I think my account is allowed to tweet.
Oh, Wednesday morning problems.
Today is a day when I’m a little tempted to get anxious over all the things that need to happen. I’m also a little bit tempted to think that I’m never going to go home again, even though I know I will be heading out in exactly a week. You could say that I’m wasting my time with these worries, which would be totally accurate. I am. I’m wasting time and emotion over this.
If you’ve been around for a while here, you might know what’s coming. Yep, that’s right. My list of things that I’m thankful for this morning. It’s almost Thanksgiving, so this is even more appropriate than usual.
1. I am so darn thankful that God is charge of my life, that I am not behind the wheel. I’m thankful that I don’t need to worry about a single thing. And I’m thankful that God is worthy of trust. Otherwise that whole thing would be hard.
2. I’m thankful for instant oatmeal. It’s so nice to be able to make a warm breakfast in my dorm – without need for stovetop or microwave (both of which are contraband in my building).
3. This won’t be news, but I’m thankful for coffee. We all know why.
4. I’m thankful that tonight I’ll get to see some friends from Minnesota — a couple of whom are BABIES, which is exciting because we have a shortage on campus (which is a good thing) — and not have to eat dinner in the ARA.
5. Speaking of ARA, as much as I dislike the food there and dislike the fact that it makes me feel funny, I’m thankful that I don’t have to eat cereal, instant oatmeal, or boxed macaroni for every meal.
6. I’m so so so so so thankful that I get to go home in one short week.
7. I got an email this morning that one of my classes isn’t meeting today! Hallelujah for a free hour.
8. I’m thankful for my job and for my boss who made Thanksgiving week optional.
Sometimes I feel like I’m not really free from anxiety or fear or distress. But then I remember that in Christ I’m not a slave to my sin or to the chains of anxiety that hold me down. In fact, I’m the only one keeping me there. I’m binding myself when I was made free.
Also, sometimes I feel like I can’t just make a list of 8 things, that I have to make it to ten since everyone else tries to do that. But then I remember that bucking trends is fun.
Happy Wednesday, people. We’re at the hump of the week. Let’s make the most of today.